Gluten has become a hot topic on the food industry, with gluten-free products flying off the shelves.
The team at Food Adventura have a lot of requests for gluten-free catering. So much so that we are about to launch a range of gluten-free cakes, biscuits and slices.
But did you know we can also cater for your celebration completely GF?
Paella is naturally GF but we also have a carefully selected a range of alternate products for our grazing tables such as crackers and bread, and we make GF desserts and special event cakes for birthdays, engagements and wedding on request.
We thought we would share some facts about this protein to help launch our exciting new range!
- Gluten is the name given to a family of proteins found in all forms of wheat, barley, rye, and triticale. These proteins help bind foods together, maintaining their shape.
- Sometimes gluten gets blamed for health problems that are caused by exposure to pesticides. This is why some countries experience less cases of ‘gluten intolerance’ – because organic wheat is used to make flour.
- There are over 200 medical conditions that gluten can either cause, contribute to, or make worse. These include anaemia, leaky gut, IBS, vitamin B12 deficiency and asthma.
- Everyone with coeliac disease is gluten sensitive, but not everyone with gluten sensitivity will develop coeliac disease.
- Beer contains gluten unless it’s specifically marked GF.
More info can be found about gluten-free living here.
Here are some examples of our GF menu items:
- PATATAS BRAVAS
- GRAZING TABLE: JAMON, OLIVES, CHEESE, ANTIPASTO + GF CRACKERS AND BREAD AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
- ALL OF OUR SALADS
- ALL OF OUR BBQ INGREDIENTS
- ALL OF OUR PAELLA
- ORANGE & ALMOND CAKE (GF) (DF)
- MINI ICE POP STICKS (GF): 100% Natural – Choc Malt Shake, Vanilla Malt Shake, Strawberry Rhubarb Vanilla, Watermelon Berry Mint, Tropicalia, Passionfruit Quench
- FRUIT PLATTERS
- BREAKFAST SHAKSHUKA